January 24, 2012

Daryl L. Hunter and Dogteam at Alaska's Hatcher Pass

Me and my dog team on Hatcher Pass in Alaska in 1978. Mushing dogs in Alaska is one of the funnest things I have ever done. I wanted to run the Iditarod but I never could get enough money or dogs to do it. While there I became friends with several of the guys that started it.

Alaska was a blast becasue of the spirit of the people. Everyone was either young and adventurous or old and adventurous. I hear that since I left this dynamic has changed some but back in the 70's it was quite an experience.

My mom took this shot with a point and shoot and printed it on that crappy mat paper. I scanned it and it is hideous but with some noise reduction and creative bluring it is nearly acceptable.

© Daryl L. Hunter - The Hole Picture - Stock Photography for the Yellowstone region.
I also publish The Greater Yellowstone Resource Guide. I also lead "The Hole Picture Photo Safaris
Photos For Sale Buy Prints Here

No comments: